Do you hate your birthday? You are not alone. Celebrating the fact that you’ve aged another year is not at the top of the list for many people these days, especially during this pandemic.
Lots of people don’t care about their birthday but I am not one of them. I have a bit of a different take on that special occasion and if you’ll humor me, I think that it will warm your heart. Everyone could use a bit of positivity so let’s start with our birthday; here are some ways to make it a little bit happier.
If you feel depressed about your birthday, consider this…
To me, birthdays are a personal new year and a celebration of strength. They acknowledge your survival and continued existence, marking the fact that you made it through all the trials of the past three hundred and sixty-five days. Some years are hard and when it’s been rough, we tend to feel sad on that birthday. Other years are easier and when it’s like that, you can feel the excitement. If it’s your party, you can cry if you want to. Feeling sad on your birthday is a part of clearing space for your coming new year. It’s shedding tears for the pain of the past so that you can let it go. If you feel depressed on your birthday, acknowledge your feelings because that’s how we heal and as of tomorrow, you get a fresh start.
What to do with your day
Here’s a life hack for you; plan how you want to spend your birthday unless someone specifically tells you not to. Never leave it to a friend or loved one because this day is about you. You survived another spin around the sun and deserve to celebrate in your own way. So however you spend the day, crown yourself and enjoy your time. Here are some activity ideas to help get you inspired:
Do something that scares you – Nothing makes you feel more invincible than conquering a fear. On your birthday, having that feeling makes the day epic. Skydiving is socially distant… just saying…
Wake and Bake – Start your day off right with the ultimate wake and bake. To do this, plan ahead and think about the details you would appreciate when you’re stoned.
- Set up a nice environment for yourself so that you can have a good start. Tidy up your space the night before so that you don’t see a pile of dishes first thing in the morning.
- Treat yourself to your favorite strains and smoke the best bud you can find.
- Have your smoking supplies ready to go. Roll joints ahead of time and keep extra lighters close by.
- Prepare a light snack and beverage to enjoy after your birthday wake and bake. There is nothing like finishing a session with some fruit, cheese, and a hot cup of tea.
Pamper yourself – You don’t have to spend money to pamper yourself, all you have to do is treat yourself as nicely as you can.
- Stay connected with your friends and family throughout the day using zoom. That way, you can go about your day and not worry about missing any messages, all while staying safe and socially distant. Soak up all the birthday love.
- Eat well today by planning and shopping for munchies ahead of time.
Buy yourself a present
Do not ever forget to buy yourself a birthday present. Not only do you know what you want, but you also deserve it. Your birthday is about celebrating your strength, perseverance, and the fact that you’ve made it to your age; getting yourself a present is a way of acknowledging this so make it a part of your annual tradition.
Need some ideas for a gift for yourself? No problem! Here’s a list of stoner gift ideas in wordsearch format.